Thursday, December 30, 2010

Appetizers are Always Welcome! Part One -Crab Treats!

It seems that it's time to post some appetizer recipes. I have to say that I LOVE appetizers. In fact sometimes, I would rather eat appetizers than a real meal. I have come to the realization that it is because you can just get so creative with them. Several types are usually required when entertaining. The ingredients are never boring, and spices are fun and well, SPICY!!! It can be inspiring to create and design an appetizer platter. Food can be a fabulous part of the edible and memorable "decorations" for a party as well.
Since it is New Year's Eve Day * (This post was edited on 1-5-11 as my recipes did not show on the original post! Sorry!) I thought I would share a couple of Appetizer recipes that I have collected over the years. My Mom Sharon called me yesterday and asked me to give her that Yummy Hot crab appetizer recipe that I made last year for them. I had to pause for a moment because I actually could not remember which one that she was talking about. But this gave me the chance to go through some of the great recipes and so when I made a copy of them for her, I thought that I would share them with you too. If you can't make them for tonight, then try to make at least one over the weekend. ENJOY!
These first two recipes are from one of my favorite little mini books printed by Oxmoor House for Southern Living called "Ultimate Book of Appetizers" The last one is a crab dip that you serve cold that was published first in Southern Living Magazine in April of 2004.
Crab Dip Recipes1-11


Crab Cakes & Lime Garlic Shrimp & Mango Salsa Recipe1-11




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!