Thursday, December 2, 2010

25 Days until Christmas... the countdown begins!

Hello and Happy Holidays! 


Life seems to have gotten in the way a little... My intentions have always been to post at least once a week on this Create and Decorate Blog. I have been a pretty busy gal working my design businesses and have not been taking care of my blog so my apologies! But that stops now! You can look forward to seeing much more blogging from me. 


Now that the countdown 'til Christmas has started,it is time for me to share some of the great design and decorating tricks I have learned over the years so that you can use them too.


Today was the first day of December. 


Three pieces of advice: 


Don't Stress. 


Get Yourself Organized!


Enjoy the Spirit of the Season.




Now you can really start to go crazy putting up and displaying all of your Holiday decorations that you have collected over the years. If you are really on the ball, you spent some time this past weekend shopping and getting some of those great Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals! Now, I am sure that all of you happen to have at least one friend or family member who always seems to have everything decorated and all her shopping for the Holidays done by Halloween. That is NOT what the majority of us do, so don't let those wonderfully super organized people stress you out when it's just the first week of December! 


You can still make great things happen and get your home and life spruced up, looking perfectly holiday pretty with plenty of time before the holidays are hear. The Key is simple- make a list of all things that you want to get done, and then sit down and plan in your calendar when you are going to do them. If you don't have a day to day or weekly calendar, it is time to get one.


Also organize your tasks in order of importance, and make sure that you check with your spouse and kids so you can write in any functions that you might have to participate in with them. The worst thing you can do is double book yourself and have to miss out on some holiday fun! 


So I'm going to end this post with a quick message. I'm going to take my own advice and will post my list of tasks  along with a christmas design tip tomorrow, later in the afternoon or evening! 


Blessings- Pam









No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!